Choosing the right child care provider is a very important decision for parents. There are different types of child care to choose from. Below are some tips for finding the right facility for your child.
1. Start early. Good child care is hard to find. The best child care facilities will more than likely have very long waiting lists. As soon as you decide you want to find a child care provider, start putting your name down on multiple lists. If you change your mind about a facility and your name comes up on their list, you can always say no.
2. Consult experts. Nearly all cities have child care provider referral agencies. They will listen to your particular needs and provide you with a list of options. They can also educate you about licensing requirements and financial assistance.
3. Teacher/Child ratio. When you are checking out a facility, find out how many children are enrolled and how many adults are employed there. The fewer children each adult is responsible for, the more attention your child will receive.
4. Teacher quality. Find out if the teachers have degrees in early childhood education, special training, or any other certifications. Many facilities require their teachers to continue their education. This will be important to your child’s academic development.
5. Choose the right type of care. Child care centers provide care for a great number of children. They are usually divided into classes by age. In-home caregivers take care of only your children in your own home.
6. Cleanliness. If your child is in diapers, this is particularly important. Find out if the workers wash their hands after each diaper change. Find out if the children are assisted with hand washing before meals and after using the restroom. Observe the classrooms and play areas to see if they are generally clean.
7. Curriculum. Good child care providers know the importance of balancing activity time, play time, and nap time. They plan age-appropriate activities for the children. They have curriculum materials that are developmentally-appropriate and will help prepare your child for kindergarten.
8. Overall atmosphere. Children will enjoy facilities that are bright and pleasant. Parents will appreciate facilities that are safe with fenced-in playgrounds with safe play equipment. Observe children at the facility and make sure they seem happy and comfortable. Most importantly, make sure you think your child will be happy there.
You will find that Kids World Academy has all of these desirable qualities. Please call and make an appointment to see for yourself!