There are many child care resources out there that will help you answer all of your questions relating to child care. Here is a list of some of the best resources:
1. National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care. The mission of this organization is to provide support to child care providers, parents, health care providers, state agencies, and politicians in order to keep child care facilities healthy and safe. Their toll free number is 1-800-598-5437.
2. Child Care Aware of America. Child Care Aware of America is an incredible source of child care resources. They work with over 600 agencies in the United States to help parents find affordable, quality child care. They provide training to child care providers as well as conducting research related to the child care industry. They also advocate for child care policies that will help children and families.
3. Tennessee Child Care Resource & Referral. Tennessee has 8 different branches of this organization across the state. Their purpose is to provide training to child care providers and to help parents find quality child care providers in their local area. Their website provides information about different policies related to child care.
4. Tennessee Department of Human Services. The Tennessee Department of Human Services provides numerous services to families and children of Tennessee including child care licensing and child care assistance.
5. Tennessee Parent Information and Resource Center. The Tennessee Parent Information and Resource Center provides training resources to parents and schools all over the state. They collaborate with the state’s child care providers to increase student preparedness for kindergarten and to encourage parental involvement in early childhood education.
6. Tennessee State Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers. This website will tell parents exactly what to look for when evaluating a child care facility.
7. Tennessee Day Care Listings. This website lists each day care facility in Tennessee by city.
8. Tennessee Child Care Preschool Centers. This website provides local listings of all day care facilities and preschools in Tennessee categorized by city.
9. Family and Caregiver Support Resources. This website has numerous child care resources for families with all different types of child care needs.
10. National Women’s Law Center. This website will help parents stay informed about policies related to child care and early childhood education.